Updated to May 25, 2018
At Barkibu, we are aware that in order to use your data we must have your trust. That is why we apply the strictest privacy criteria and only use your information for described purposes and respecting your fundamental rights to data protection.
Barkibu S.L. is a company with tax residence Paseo Marítimo, 22B, 15679 Cambre (A Coruña), Spain, It is registered in the Commercial Chamber’s Register of A Coruña, Volume: 3512 Folio: 135 Section: 8 Sheet: C-51260 and It is the owner of the CIF B-70407515.
The general purpose contact email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
With regard to the new data protection law, the Barkibu Society S.L. is the "Data Controller" of the personal information we collect. This means that Barkibu S.L. is responsible for deciding how and why we store, collect and process your information.
For any type of contact regarding the management of your personal data you can send an email to our "Data Protection Officer", in the mail email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
Barkibu S.L. can collect the following information about you:
Information that you voluntarily provide us
- Personal information such as name, surname, email and password to access to our services.
- Contact information such as address, city, zip code and phone number.
- Information about your pet such as name, photograph, health information and behavior.
- Information on interaction with the veterinarian in the form of questions about your pet, votes or recommendations.
- Financial information such as payments, historical purchases and name and credit card number.
- Marketing information as the willingness to receive commercial information.
In case of using the platform as a veterinarian, information such as veterinary school, collegiate number, brief description of your CV, profile picture and information about your clinic.
Information that we collect automatically
- Information about the use of the platform as visits, browsing behavior and votes to veterinarians.
- Technical information such as IP address, type of device (mobile or PC), browser type and version, operating system and cookie IDs of the devices you use to access our products.
How, for what and how long we collect your data
We collect information through the use of the service via forms, emails and phone calls.
Your data can be used for the following tasks:
In the case of pet owners
* Creation of the user profile to ensure control of access and use of the platform.
* Being able to contact you about the questions in the web regarding your pet.
* Analyse the information related to the health of your pet in order to provide you and the users of the community with personalised statistics and recommendations on animal health.
* Analyse the data of your pet to perform statistical and marketing analysis.
In the case of veterinarians
* Facilitate pet owners to find more appropriate clinics through assessments, descriptions and location.
* Increase the visibility in web search engines to clinics and veterinarians in order to get more customers for your business.
We will not keep your personal information for longer than strictly necessary to fulfill the purposes for which they are being treated. Depending on the nature and confidentiality of the data, we will determine the appropriate retention time.
How we share your personal information
It is shared publicly, in the case of pet owners:
- The name of the pet, breed, sex, age, questions to the veterinarian and photographs about the consultation.
- No personal information of the owner of the pet is publicly shared.
It is shared publicly, in the case of veterinarians:
- The name, surnames, photograph, province and professional description of the veterinarian.
- If available, the information of the clinic, assessments, photos and location.
- The answers given to the questions of the users.
It is shared privately with veterinarians the province of the owner of the pet and general statistical health details of the pets.
Information on statistical analysis and marketing is shared with third parties.
The financial information necessary to make purchases on the web is shared with banking service providers.
How we protect your data
To ensure the correct treatment, transfer and storage of information, we use the appropriate data protection technologies and policies. Our security policies are aligned with technologies widely adopted by the community and are regularly reviewed and updated.
The technology of Barkibu products is continuously updated with all new versions of components in which the community detects vulnerabilities.
Appropriate restrictions and measures of access to private information of users are implemented, such as the use of secure technologies such as SSL for data transfer.
By law you have the right to:
* Request detailed information about your personal data. How we have collected them, how we store them and why we are using them.
* Request access to your data. You can receive a copy of the information stored about you.
* Request correction or deletion of data. You can request the complete elimination of the information that is stored about you.
* Oppose the processing of your personal data to perform tasks of profiling and automated decision making.
* Request limitation of the processing of your personal data. This allows you to request that we suspend the processing of your personal data; for example, if you want us to determine its accuracy or the reason to treat them.
* Request the transfer to you or a third party of your personal data in an electronic and structured format. This allows you to give permission to a third party to receive your data in an electronic format commonly used.
* Withdraw your consent. Once you have given your consent to obtain or process your data, you can revoke this consent and we will no longer continue to treat your information for the purposes you originally accepted.
To contact us for any reason, including the exercise of any of your rights send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
The use of the website refers the condition of user ("the User") and implies full and unreserved acceptance of each and every one of the provisions included in this legal notice published by Barkibu in the moment in which the User accesses the web page.
Barkibu reserves the right to carry out without prior notice the modifications it deems appropriate on this web page, being able to change, delete or add both the contents and services provided through it or the form in which they are presented or located on your website
The User agrees to use the Portal, the Services and the Contents in accordance with the law, morals, good customs and public order.
Intellectual and industrial property
Barkibu owns the domain name www.barkibu.com.
The website in its entirety, including without any exclusion its design, structure and distribution, texts and contents, logos, brands, buttons, images, drawings, source code, as well as all intellectual and industrial property rights and any other distinctive sign, belong or have as a transferee to Barkibu or, where appropriate, to the natural or legal persons that appear as authors or owners of the rights, or their licensors.
The user agrees to respect these rights. You can view the elements of the website and even print them, copy them and store them on your computer's hard drive or any other physical support provided that it is solely and exclusively for your personal and private use, therefore the transformation is strictly forbidden , distribution, public communication, making available or any other form of exploitation, as well as its modification, alteration or decompilation.
Regarding the contents of the website, the right of quotation is recognised, so that they may be reproduced and used for the purposes deemed appropriate, always including the source and the name of the author. The exploitation rights over the aforementioned contents correspond exclusively to Barkibu, so it can not be used in any case for profit without the author's consent.
Barkibu will not assume any responsibility regarding the intellectual or industrial property rights owned by third parties that are infringed by a user.
For any information about this, you can write to the following email address: email@example.com
The website can make available technical link devices (links, banners or buttons), which allow users to access websites belonging to or managed by third parties. Therefore, Barkibu will not be responsible for the information that is outside this website and that is not managed by its webmaster.
The User must bear in mind that Barkibu is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites. We recommend that users be aware that by using one of these links they are leaving our website and that they read the privacy policies of these other websites, especially if they collect personal data.
IP addresses and cookies
Due to the communication protocols existing on the Internet, when the User visits our website, Barkibu automatically receives the IP (Internet Protocol) address that has been assigned to his computer by his Access Provider. The registration of this IP address serves only for internal purposes, such as access statistics to this website. As a general rule, the IP address for the same user is different from one Internet connection to another, so it is not possible to track browsing habits through the web by a specific user.
Exemption from responsibility for the operation of the website
Barkibu does not guarantee that the website will work constantly, reliably and correctly, without delays or interruptions, so it is not responsible for any damages that may arise from possible failures in availability and technical continuity of the website.
Barkibu is not responsible for any damage and / or damage and / or benefit no longer obtained by the user or any other third party that is harmed as a result of any circumstance of force, fortuitous event, failure or error of the communication lines, or of the defective service provision or failure in the Internet network.
Barkibu does not control or guarantee the absence of viruses or other elements in the Contents that may cause alterations in the computer system (software and hardware) or in the electronic documents and files stored in the User's computer system.