My puppy has a lot of saliva, he is sad and different. 😔
The causes of drooling are numerous:
- Presence of a foreign body in the oral cavity. Something quite common in dogs that usually ingest objects or nibble on them.
- Changes in the oral cavity / pharynx / esophagus, tumor in the salivary glands.
- After taking medication.
- A gastrointestinal disorder that causes nausea.
- Periodontal disease or gingivitis.
- Renal disease.
- Neurological alterations.
The most serious would be poisoning and requires urgent veterinary attention. The associated symptoms would be: behavioral changes (disorientation, panting, fatigue ...), whitish, yellowish, or bloody vomit, or vomit with some other substance, dilated pupils, abdominal pain, shortness of breath, difficulty walking, fainting, seizures, heart arrhythmias...
As Apollo is a puppy, he should be dewormed in order to avoid parasites which can also affect her intestinal mucosa.
However, if you notice that your puppy gets more apathetic and less active, you should take him to your vet to rule out any possible medical problem.
All the best,