My dog have diarrea and vomito for 3 days
Vomit in dogs could occur due to different causes: obstruction, poisoning or intoxication, viruses, intestinal parasites, stomach ulcers, dietary changes, intestine inflammation, heartburn, or tumors.
If your dog vomits more than once and does not begin to feel better after a few hours, do not wait any longer and take your dog immediately to your veterinarian, so he/she can determine the cause.
If any of these symptoms appear, you should visit a vet urgently:
- Blood appears in vomit or stool
- Vomiting does not stop or appear very often
- Your dog stops eating or drinking
- Fever, tremors, seizures, abdominal pain appear
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea persist for 24 hours despite fasting, or you notice your dog is losing too much fluid
- Possible intoxication
- In case of puppies, you should not wait so long for help. They dehydrate very quickly and have less body reserves to resist. If they do not start to improve after 8 hours, it is better to go to the vet.
The most important thing is to keep your pet hydrated until getting to the clinic.
Important: if drinking causes your dog to vomit, remove the water too! If not, with drinking and vomiting, your dog will lose even more fluid.
All the best,