Rodent Manchas

I have a question about Manchas, my male rodent american guinea pig

I my guinea pig have secretion on his left eye his breathing fast and looks sick 🤒 don’t want eat and cant walk can’t walk around his cage

almost 3 years ago
Information about Manchas
  • Species: Rodent
  • Breed: American Guinea Pig
  • Sex: Male
  • Age: 1 year
1 vet has answered
Veterinarian Barkibu Vets
Barkibu Vets


You should to take Manchas to a vet, a specialist in exotic animals, who will assess your guinea pig and perform the appropriate diagnostic tests to identify the cause and an appropriate treatment. When guinea pig refuses to eat or drink, it is a sign of a very serious situation. It may be life-threatening.

In the meantime, you can wipe his eyes with warm chamomile using a clean gauze.

Take him to a veterinary specialist right away.

All the best,

almost 3 years ago